MSc Psychodynamic Counsellor and Psychotherapist
About Mehnaz Chaudhry
I am a qualified therapist with a Post Graduate Degree (MSc) in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy and an Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. As part of my formal training and professional development, I have undergone vigorous personal psychotherapy and can empathise with the clients’ experience of coming for therapy.
I have extensive experience of working as a clinical psychotherapist for the East London NHS Foundation Trust in Specialist Psychotherapy Services with patients that encounter a wide range of mental health difficulties. I also work for Middlesex University in London with students and young adults.
I am multilingual and can offer therapy in English and other languages such as; Urdu/Hindi, Punjabi and Norwegian. If English is not your preferred language, please let me know your preference either over the phone or by email.
- Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- In line with the Good Practice, I attend weekly supervision with an experienced colleague to discuss client treatments. These meetings are completely confidential and the clients’ details are disguised.
- Following recommended practice, I keep my knowledge up to date by participating in Continuous Professional Development courses each year.
1 SNOW HILL COURT
07555 720 014
FOR ANY ENQUIRIES, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM AND I WILL CONTACT YOU AT MY EARLIEST CONVENIENCE.
REASONS FOR SEEKING THERAPEUTIC HELP
People come for psychotherapy and counselling for many different reasons. Some people seek help for current onset problems that they have recently encountered while others wish to work on longstanding difficulties that date back many years. Therapists are trained, experienced professionals who have the skills to alleviate painful and distressing feelings. Listed below are some of these problems which people seek help for:
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Bereavement /coming to terms with loss
- Depression or feeling down and sad
- Difficult childhood
- Divorce or end of a relationship
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional emptiness
- Family conflicts
- Fertility issues
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Low self-esteem
- Identity issues
- Marriage or Relationship Issues
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Stress or Insomnia
- Sex-related problems
- Sexual Abuse
- Work-related stress